CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Who's That Girl

Say so long to the curls. (Pause here and try not to cry) That's right, yesterday we took Maddie to get her hair cut at the mall. If you don't include the bangs and her own occasional chop with the scissors, Maddie has not had her hair cut since she was born. I could never bring myself to cut her beautiful curls off. I just knew that once they were gone, they would never come back. Alas, it was time. (pause again) Maddie was extremely excited to get her hair cut. She was excited about it all day and proudly climbed into the chair when it was finally her turn. I am not sure if it was the carousel ride before, the three DumDums she ate during the cut, or the promise of an ice cream cone afterwards if she held still, but she was a champ. She was even patient when, after finishing, I hauled her back up into the chair to get the back of her hair fixed because it was uneven. AND...TAAA-DAAA!!!
Here's Maddie Now!

She really is a cutie. She loves her new do and especially the "shinies" that were put in her hair. The only problem is that I find myself constantly asking, "Who's that girl?" After ice cream, Steve took the kids down to play at the tree while I took my camera to get fixed. (These pictures are from Steve's phone, but that's a whole other story I'd rather not get into.) When I returned I saw Steve sitting with Amelia and I began looking around for Maddie. She was right there in front of me and I didn't even recognize her. Oh my, WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!

8 comments:

Beth said...

She looks adorable!

Jenna said...

Oh, how cute! Way to go Maddie! (and Lori!)

Mel said...

It must have been so hard to say good bye to those curls! However, she is DARLING and looks a lot like Lori with the new hairdo!

Steve - when you sent me that last pic on the phone, I couldn't figure out what the shiny stickers were, so I had worse things like bandaids or EEG leds attached to her head running through my mind. I am glad to see all was new and happy.

Love you!

Mural Artistry by Karen said...

I couldn't tell she'd had her hair cut on the phone pix! But she looks so darling. I hope you saved some of her curly locks! Gramma Karen

Mary Jane said...

I LOVE her hair- she is so cute and i'm glad you cut it, she looks all grown up! Your family is so cute, we need to get together once busy season is over and celebrate!

Unknown said...

Too cute!

Evie's Story said...

Lori
I loved your creativity and answer to my WORD challenge! Please contact me so I can get a little prize package to you!
Mandy Smith
fabulousfridayfreebies@gmail.com

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-mengurus-surat-keterangan-domisili